Thursday, June 16, 2011

Moving (again)

My ocean of creativity has been getting smaller and smaller. It's barely a creek currently, and feels like it may dry up at any given moment. Most likely, it's because I haven't been attending to my creative needs enough lately. If I get even the tiniest doodle in at "work," I've had a productive day. This isn't how it should be, but there's not much I can do about it until I have the money saved up to move and I'm settled in my new studio apartment.

Which brings me to my only creative outlet currently: my new apartment. I'm still a month or two away from actually moving, but I dream about it daily. This is going to be the first time I've ever lived completely alone, and I'm looking forward to having my own space to do and have whatever I want. I've lived with my family, roommates, and boyfriends, and although I do like company just as much as the next person, I love solitude more than most. And the thought of my entire living space being an expression of solely me is amazing. I'll have plenty of time to sacrifice my own dreams for others in my life, so I'm making this a selfish safe haven from serving people in the restaurant business and attending to friends' and family's needs. By doing this, I feel like it will actually make me more open to help other people because I won't feel so sucked dry all of the time.

Here are some ideas for decorating and whatnot I've found on craftgawker - my current favorite iPod app.


Indoor Tabletop Water Garden by radmegan




No comments:

Post a Comment